Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Sad Day

On August 1, 2012, Dave and I went in for our 7 week ultrasound. We were nervous but excited as first time parents, not really knowing what to expect. Nothing prepared us for what happened.

The tec showed us that there was a sac but no baby. We had miscarried in the last week. We were confused, crushed, heartbroken. I knew it was a possibility, but no one ever thinks it will happen to them.
They led us into another room to wait to talk to the doctor. We just sat there, and cried. All I could think of was, what did I do? What did I eat that I shouldn't have? Now what?

The doctor came in and assured me that it was nothing we did or didn't do. It is something that just happens... and could have been my body's was of telling me that this was not going to be a healthy baby.

We talked about our options and set up an appointment to have a D and C ( a procedure to remove what is in my uterus so I can heal).
I spent the rest of the say in bed... Dave stayed home with me and we just mourned.

I will say one of the things that helped me through was the fact that we didn't see a baby on the screen. We were in love with the IDEA that we were pregnant, and not necessarily attached to the actual baby yet. That helped my grieving process a lot!
Friends and family were informed and were so supportive through the whole thing. I am grateful we did tell our news, because with this sad news, although it was hard to tell, we had a support team surrounding us!

It was a day I will never forget, but I grew a lot from it. I will always be curious about that baby...but I know that God was taking care of it, and us!

No comments:

Post a Comment